05 Yamaha HPDI 150hp ECM is out

Hello All,
My first post. Bare with me if its been asked before:)
I have a 05 Yammy 150hp HPDI 2cyl. That I was just notified by my repair man that the ECM part 68H-85+2A-20-00
is out. He told me how much a new one was and at over $2,000, I about had the big one :joyous: not really, but, was expecting a oil pump replacement and it was alot worse.

Anyway. Somehow, the part of my ECM that tells the pump in the 2cycle oil container to send oil to the reservoir on the side of the engine is not working.

Im hoping surely that there must be a place I can have it repaired or exchange for a rebuilt or something rather than having to bite the bullet on a new one.

Can anyone help me with a repair place suggestion or where to find a one rebuilt etc.???

Thank you for reading and possible help.

Jimmy in Texas

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
Re: 05 Yamaha HPDI 150hp ECM is out

Is this a Yamaha shop that employes a Yamaha master tech you are dealing with?

If not you might want to check with other shops to make sure the ECU is the problem

Troubleshooting the oil system gives a lot of techs problems and I would hate to hear that the ECU was not the problem after replacing it.

Rodbolt17 is a master tech that posts here, so you may want to do some searching for his posts about oil system like yours and see if you can check your self to make sure what the problems is.

edit Sorry wrong forum, but Rodbolt used to post here so maybe you could find info he posted here in the past

Capt Ken

Commander
Re: 05 Yamaha HPDI 150hp ECM is out

I doubt seriously it's the ECU. They don't fail. I would be willing to bet they misdiagnoise that one.