2 stroke Suzuki 9.9 wot?

mausili

Seaman
I have a 87 Suzuki 2 stroke 9.9. When at wot the carb doesn't open all the way and I'm not getting full advance do I need to do sync and link?

mausili

Seaman
Re: 2 stroke Suzuki 9.9 wot?

I have a 87 Suzuki 2 stroke 9.9. When at wot the carb doesn't open all the way and I'm not getting full advance do I need to do sync and link?

The problem is my plugs r fouling and motor backfires I feel it's not advancing enough

99yam40

Fleet Admiral

Check compression, spark, and timing at idle and advanced throttle to see if in spec.
If all is good then look for fuel problem

mausili

Seaman

Will do above mentioned. But what I'm saying is when motor is off I put it in gear and turn throttle wide open I can manually move the carburator another quarter inch to actually get it wide open and the part that rides on the flywheel piece with marks on it doesn't go to the last mark. I hope that makes sense.

99yam40

Fleet Admiral

Have you ever looked to see if this was normal on the motor before?
Some 9.9 motors are really 15 hp but they limit somethings on them to make them into a 9.9
a service manual will tell you how to adjust everything to spec, so that is what I would do to start out

mausili

Seaman

Update. Adjusted throttle and timing the to miming adjustment screw was turned all the way in stopping the throttle from turning all the way. Also adjusted air/fuel screw and she purrs like a kitten. Adjustments were maid while running in a barrel not on muffs.

99yam40

Fleet Admiral

What is this? the to miming adjustment screw

Did you pick a service manual and adjust everything as it saidor did you just guess at spec?

mausili

Seaman

Sorry yes timing adj screw. And always adjust according to manual. Good point should of included that.