2002 Yamaha 25hp 4 Stroke LIMP MODE?????

Pas Bon

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Does this motor have a protection or limp mode, like if it gets hot or low of oil? I ran across a mud flat the other day and got stuck, when I looked back the motor was not pumping water and I shut it off and raised it up to get it out of the mud. I had been on it pretty hard trying to get through the shallow spot. About 5 minutes later I pushed poled out of the spot, cleared the blockage that was preventing the water from pumping, and cranked it up. It fired right up and idled fine but when I got on the gas it would barely rev up and sounded like it was missing? It did this for about 10 minutes then I just let it idle a few minute then tried again and it took off like nothing was wrong? Was this a limp mode or something else?

Capt Ken

Commander
Re: 2002 Yamaha 25hp 4 Stroke LIMP MODE?????

I stand corrected. What I saw was it didn't show an indicator light if you didn't have a Yamaha guage but it does have a SLOW mode that keeps it below 2000.

Pas Bon

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 2002 Yamaha 25hp 4 Stroke LIMP MODE?????

That's a relief, Must have gotten a little hot after I shut it off and t tripped it into slow mode...at least I'll know if it ever happens again.

Thanks!!