Suzuki DF140 throttle backwards on remote; HELP

jrfounta

Cadet
I picked up a 2004 DF140 with a remote box and harness. I finished a rebuild on the engine and dropped it on yesterday. But I've got a problem when I increase throttle on the remote it closes the butterfly and vice versa. I've checked all the linkage and can't see anything wrong under the cowling so my guess is that I have the wrong remote for this unit. Can anyone with more experience offer me a way to prove this? More importantly where can I find a parts diagram of 67200-99e55 (apparently the correct side remote) for comparison to the internals of the the remote I have. I would love to be able to convert this remote, rather than buy a new one, if possible. I have searched and the only place I can find is brownspoint and their site has been down long enough to be concerning.

I am way to deep into this engine now, cost wise, if anyone can please point me in the right direction (or has a used remote for sale); I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

jrfounta

Cadet
Re: Suzuki DF140 throttle backwards on remote; HELP

OK, at the cost of sleep I dug last night until I found a rather useful initial setup manual for the DF140. It indicates that there is a cam within the remote that has to be switched to change the NA27S remote from a push to pull to increase thottle to a push to increase throttle. The documentation seems to indicate that the cam should have been with the remote it is not. Does anyone know if the current cam can be modified or where I can buy the correct cam at? Thanks to all.

Outsider

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Brown's Point Marine, if they don't know it's not known by anyone ... ;)

jrfounta

Cadet

Brown's Point Marine, if they don't know it's not known by anyone ... ;)

No doubt about it, I usually rely on Brownspoint for all of my questions, parts, and diagrams. Unfortunately, Brownspoint is no more, just a slab of concrete. Everything else was washed away by hurricane Sandy

jrfounta

Cadet

Hmmm still haven't found an answer, bump. Does anyone even have a reliable shop they can recommend? I've definitely found proof that it is replaceable part I just can't find the part or part number?

lakensea

Chief Petty Officer

Go to your local Suzuki dealer - they can get it for you.