1997 pro-v yamaha water pump problem

Buddyz/28

Cadet
Sir 99yam40. I changed the damper exhaust seal. the tell tale stream is still pulsating.The water pressure guage read 5 lbs at idle,(with ear on from graden hose),them when you go to higher r.p.m.'s the guage needle goes up and down.(pulsating. Try a new water pressure guage still does same thing.I have been told to pull the cylinder cover and wire brush the jackets? please help Buddyz/28

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
Re: 1997 pro-v yamaha water pump problem

to me pressure swings indicate pump is sucking air/ exhaust and not pumping just pure water.

I am at a loss for what to look at if you have replaced complete water pump, unless wrong parts were used or gasket/o-ring out of place

If it was not doing this before you replaced water pump then it might be something you did

Might want to post your model # and hope someone else will give some of their thoughts

Buddyz/28

Cadet

to me pressure swings indicate pump is sucking air/ exhaust and not pumping just pure water.

I am at a loss for what to look at if you have replaced complete water pump, unless wrong parts were used or gasket/o-ring out of place

If it was not doing this before you replaced water pump then it might be something you did

Might want to post your model # and hope someone else will give some of their thoughts

Thanks 99yam40 I will do as you suggest Buddy

Capt Ken

Commander

Problem is, you are trying to test with the flush attachment. It will do as you described when doing that. It cannot get enough water that way.