yamaha tiller conversion

highcotton

Recruit
Hey guys, new to the site. want to go ahead and say thanks for all the help to come

before i start, i would like to note, that i have indeed searched this topic
anyways, i just bought a 2001 yamaha 40 hp four stroke, model F40TLRZ, 67 C L 503728
its electric start, and does have trim/tilt
it has no controls on it now, and i want to put a tiller handle on it. i have called around, and cant get a straight answer as to what i need. from what i have gathered, i need a tiller handle AND a mounting/bracket kit to make this work

if anyone can please give me any information on this, i would greatly appreciate it.

i would like to know if i need a seperate mounting kit and a tiller, or just a tiller handle
also, can anyone give me the part numbers i need for this? i know that there are a couple differnt kits for this, but i dont know which one i need.
thanks

Capt Ken

Commander
Re: yamaha tiller conversion

The best I can come up with is Tiller Handle main assembly 6X4-42101-02-00 with fitting kit 6X4-42102-31-00 for a carb'ed engine

highcotton

Recruit

huh.
after calling around today, it seems that, from what i have been told, i either need a:

6x4-42103-52-00

62C-W0084-00-4D

62Y-W0086-K1-4D

i have no idea what any of this means, or what i really need.
i cant find any info on this

is the one you just listed still available? it seems like everytime i think that i have found the right one, it is discontinued,
thank you very much for all of the help

Capt Ken

Commander

That is the numbers listed in my Yamaha rigging book.

highcotton

Recruit

alrighty. i really appreciate it. im going to go with that. can you recomend me somewhere to order it?
thanks