1992 yamaha ProV 200 on a 20foot Skeeterbass boat ( questions about oil pump)

I have recently bought a 20ft Skeeter bass boat with a Yamaha ProV 200hp that is in ment conditions and bought it from orginal owner and when he ordered boat he also had a hr meter installed and has 225hours on meter and the man is 82 years old and has more money then he knows what to do with and keep up on maint. yearly ( new water pump and t-stats Etc. ) but my ??? is that should I have the oil pump discounected and the reason why I ask because my 91 proV 130 had it dicounected and I just mixed my oil. but I will tell this boat is showroom condition and has always had Yamalube ran in it and it is nice to not to have to mix oil in gas just fill up and go . And is there any new sensor or gauge that I can install to tell me that pump is working when useing. Oh yeah more ?? This motor is very strong and gets great fuel mileage ( Cause I plain out and back off throtle and trim up to get rpms) but if I do have to discounect pump and mix oil in gas will that affect my fuel useage. cause it is great and I thought it was lean because he had carbs rebuilt for me before i bought ( and it did not need it but he had it done anyways like i said more $$$$$ than he knew what to do with) but I thought was lean but after looking at plugs it is perfect and the yamaha dealer said same thing yesterday . I had them check it all out cause I will fishing a southeastern BFL tour ( tournaments) and don't want any issues this first tour . cause have sponsors looking very hard at me and want to perform without any boat worries . but I forgot to ask them about oil pump stuff. and If I should discounect how do I do so maybe any forums the tell me how to do so. thanks in advanced!!!! :D

Capt Ken

Commander
Re: 1992 yamaha ProV 200 on a 20foot Skeeterbass boat ( questions about oil pump)

NO! Do not disconnect the pump. Failure is rare and the carbs are jetted for gas only. Adding oil to the gas changes the viscosity and actually makes it run leaner. Prefixing usually leads to over oiling due to not knowing just how much to add so a little extra is thrown in.