Suzuki 2006 4 stroke 90 hsp. - blowing fuse in lowering engine by trimming

gmcajun

Recruit
I can trim up the engine with either the button on the clutch or the button on the engine; however, if I use the button on the engine to trim down the engine it blows the 30 amp fuse. Also the down button on the clutch doesn't respond. The 60 amp fuse has been replaced and a 15 amp fuse in the console has also been replaced. Any idea what is causing this?

stylesabu

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: Suzuki 2006 4 stroke 90 hsp. - blowing fuse in lowering engine by trimming

a short. keep fuses in place, bypass switch. jump connections as close to frim motor as posible, if still blows fuse, bad motor. my guess is chaffed wire somewhere.

Capt Ken

Commander

It's going to be the trim solenoid. How the systems works is, you have two solenoids built into one unit. Two wires come from the trim motor and the motor's direction is determined by which wire is positive. Both solenoids ground both wires when not activated. When you push the button, one solenoid reverses and throw positive power to its wire. So one of the solenoids is shorted unless someone has messed with the wiring one them and crossed wires.

gmcajun

Recruit

a short. keep fuses in place, bypass switch. jump connections as close to frim motor as posible, if still blows fuse, bad motor. my guess is chaffed wire somewhere.

Thank you,

gmcajun