Suzuki 2-stroke 115hp 1998

William M

Recruit
I have been having problems with my engine. It runs fine in idle. At WOT though it bogs down and stalls after about 15-20 seconds. At half throttle it will bog down and stall after about a minute or so. This problem does not happen all the time though...the engine will sometimes run fine for over a half hour at WOT.

I have tried everything to fix this. I have replaced all of the fuel lines, checked the resistance on gas coming out of the tank (and is within spec), installed a fuel water seperator, replaced the lift (low pressure) pump, and checked all of the filters. I brought it to the mechanic last week and they were able to diagnose the problem via a lake test. They told me my high pressure pump is broken and needs to be replaced and that I need to have my fuel injectors cleaned. The problem is that it is going to cost $970.

Does anyone have any advice on what to do or has anybody expeirenced the same problem? Could it just be a loose/faulty connection on the high pressure pump? Are there any places to find a used high pressure pump on some sort of secondary market? Any advice is appreciated, thanks!

robert graham

Admiral
Re: Suzuki 2-stroke 115hp 1998

I'd wonder if "the high pressure pump is broken" how it "runs for half hour at WOT"....that's a long time at WOT on a broken pump!...is your gas tank venting properly?...Any air leaks around fittings, quick disconnect on front of cowl?, etc. etc.....I would do a lot of checkin' before $970!;)