2001 Yamaha 90 hp outboard 2 stroke question

5string

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I've owned this Blue wave 180 Classic for a few months and it has a 2001 Yamaha 90 hp 2 stroke. I have used the boat maybe 5 times and haven't had any problems. Went out yesterday a couple hours and forgot to connect the hose flush connector, thought it was peeing a little weak but once I got going it was peeing fine. We got in some sand and then I noticed it wasn't peeing so We anchored and that's when I saw the cap wasn't screwed on. I screwed it on and still no peeing but we were about 2 miles from the dock so I headed that way, it never overheated and ran fine. I washed the boat and hooked up the hose and it seemed fine and then I red the post about not running the motor with the hose connector so I ran down and bought dual water ear muffs and hooked them up and it was peeing again. I have been flushing with the garden screw on connecor and haven't had any trouble but after seeing the posts I will use the muffs. Now, I think I'll change the impeller since it might need it and wondered if there are any instructions or advice before I tackle this. Any idea about what it would cost if I have a shop do it?

5string in NC

robert graham

Admiral
Re: 2001 Yamaha 90 hp outboard 2 stroke question

Google: Yamaha Maintenance Tips Andy, for instructions and photos....it's not a very tough job, maybe 2 hours the first time, maybe an hour after you learn it. Buy and install the entire Kit, not just the impeller. Good Luck!:)