Yamaha 25 HP 2-stroke stalls

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
Its a 2007 model. Not oil injected - premix. Runs fine 99.9% of the time. I drift fish often, which involves a half hour drifting, then start the motor back up and run a mile back up the river and shut her off again. Starts back up fine first pull. Shift to forward and increase the throttle and just as the boat starts to accelerate the motor slows down like you have just retarded the throttle. If you back off on the throttle and try it again she revs up just fine. Some times it might take 3 times to get up to speed. It only does it when I try to go fast. If I am in a no-wake zone and only go a bit above idle it runms OK.

I might add it only does this once in awhile. I might drift for hours going back and forth 20 times and it'll only do it once or twice.

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
Re: Yamaha 25 HP 2-stroke stalls

might try pumping the primer bulb to see if fuel has drained back and bowls are not completely full.
Takes a little bit for fuel pump to fill them back up
has enough for idle but not enough for main jets to run properly
Just a thought

My C40 will do that if I tilt it all the way up for a period of time. Some time it will start and the die several times but if I pump bulb to goes with no problems