Yamaha 4hp, 4stroke , and Suzuki 15hp old, 2 stroke, both wont start

Eliaslefkas

Recruit
I tried to go fishing yesterday , with the 2 engines and both abandoned me.
1 month ago, they were working.last month to prepare them for next time, I opened the carburator of the 4hp 4stroke, 4 years old motor, cleaned it with the spray , and closed it. Yesterday, i tried to make it start , but nothing. Again at 4 am, right on the port, when i wanted to go for fishing, i opened the carburator again, and there was something like gel transparent thick, inside the carburator. Also it had made a corrosion on the aluminum, and a small part of the aluminum left, where the main nozzle is.( ithink it is) So the top small nozzle, will not screw very well. but it stays in it's position , but not very stable.
I cleaned it again , i pulled out all nozzles, i cleaned them with the spray . Closed it, but still the engine will not start. There is electricity in the plugs.
Also the 15 hp Suzuki did not want to start. I opened that too , at dawn ( 5;30 am), and noticed that the air flap would not close. I fixed it, and it started it. It worked for half hour , i went in to the sea, and i stoped . I tried to make it star again, but no success. From 6 am , until 11 am, i was trying to fix both engines in the sea. I was very frustrated, as i had done 400 kilometers to go for fishing. At the end no fishing.
We managed to return back at the end, when i closed the air well in the 15hp engine and it started again.
Can somebody help me to understand : What was the jelly thing in the new 4 hp engine? This was created again last year.
Why it wont start? Might be because the main screw is not very fastly secured in it's place?
And the 15hp, why is it so unstable, and does not work at idle?
thanks for any enlightment in those.

my father in law has an evinrude 10hp engine, 20 years old and it never creates a problem. It only works 1 month in the summer and then he leaves it with no cleaning , no washing e.t.c. on the boat in the port, and next year it starts easily. And my engines, i do them all their favours, wash them, carress them , talk to them and they create me always problems.