winterizing yamaha 4 stroke 60 hp

hunterleej

Cadet
I'm very new to the winterizing part of boating...I recently retired and bought a 20', 06 pontoon with a yamaha 60 hp 4 stroke. It is also an 06......everything runs great but it is almost time to winterize and this is where I'm lost....I know there is a fresh water flushing connection and that is the extent of my winterizing knowledge ......I don't boat in salt water but the water is "brackish"...... I live live on a canal and have access to the bay and river which is where I do my boating.......If somebody would give me some good guidance I certainly would appreciate it......Thanks

Re: winterizing yamaha 4 stroke 60 hp

buy a set of "earmuffs" at your local walmart or equivelent store and hook your hose up to your motor to flush it with fresh water. there should be three carbs on this motor yes? there will be a hex screw (8mm?) at the front side of each carb this is the drain screw for the carbs. back it out until your fuel starts to flow and retighten when it stops. try not to remove the screw if you can help it. there is a small hole in it to allow fuel to drain without removal. disconnect your fuel line while doing this. add the appropriate amount of STABIL to your tank. you should be good to fire it right up next year!