2008 Yamaha F90 4 stroke squeeling and knocking

stumpjump

Recruit
About 2 years ago I hit the prop on a concrete ramp when lake was low. Bent tip of prop. No problems with engine before or after?until now. But slight nick in prop has made the motor vibrate a little bit when running low speeds. Not sure if this may have caused an issue over the past two years. But I thought I should mention it.

Four months ago engine began to scream a little at low speeds, especially after long runs at full throttle. Scream was random and didn?t happen every time the motor ran. Scream sounds like a belt slipping on a car only not near as loud.
1 month ago, scream became more frequent. When full throttle, the noises disappear. Then when I bring it back down from full throttle to idle, scream comes back for a few seconds then disappears.
Last trip out, same slight scream as 1 month ago, except a knocking noise has entered the picture. Knock is quiet but steady when in idle. When I put in gear the knocking gets a little louder when I speed up the knocking disappears. Then when coming down from full throttle, engine screams a little and knocking starts. Sounds like a lifter knocking, I may be wrong but the knocking sounds like it is coming from mid-motor, between engine and lower unit.

There has never been power loss, starting problems, fuel problems?other than a little noise recently, the engine starts and runs perfectly.
I checked and toped off the lower unit fluid, it was full and not milky. Checked engine oil...was fine. The lower unit fill plug had the normal fine metal dust. No larger pieces or chunks. Boat has an external in-line fuel filter that I changed last year.
I appreciate any information you might provide.

schematic

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: 2008 Yamaha F90 4 stroke squeeling and knocking

Did you check the timing belt idler for noise? An overtightened idler can also cause noise....
If this engine is equipped with a counter balance shaft, there is a service bulletin out there for squealing noises.