2002 yamaha f115 gaining oil, and fuel coming out of the intake vents

danielzspace123

Recruit
i recently purchased a yamaha f115 and it aparantly came with a problem, the oil resivoir fills up with fuel five minutes after being on plane, fuel is also pooring out of the air intake when the motor is wot, or when its stationary, bulb wont stay hard....the person that owned the motor said that it was a bad injector and that he " forgot to tell me about the problem" so i swapped out the injector he said was bad and it didnt help, i also changed out the manual fuel pump still didnt help, wanting to see if yall could give me some suggestions, i own a diagnostic kit, but i am unable to use it because the throttle positionn sensor is on the fritz on the motor, so it thinks its on and wont let me check the electric fuel pumps, or the injectors
any help would be greatly apreciated

Pas Bon

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 2002 yamaha f115 gaining oil, and fuel coming out of the intake vents

Forgot to tell you huh?

Fuel is getting past the rings and filling up the crank case. This is not uncommon in motors that were not run properly at WOT. What is the RPM at WOT? Should be close to 6K but I would be careful running it with that oil being diluted with so much gas. you are in a tough spot, I hope you didn't get ripped off too bad

danielzspace123

Recruit

Forgot to tell you huh?

Fuel is getting past the rings and filling up the crank case. This is not uncommon in motors that were not run properly at WOT. What is the RPM at WOT? Should be close to 6K but I would be careful running it with that oil being diluted with so much gas. you are in a tough spot, I hope you didn't get ripped off too bad

im not sure what the rpm gauge doesnt work atm ( project boat), all i no is that after that oil resivoir got over full, the motor wouldnt go back on plane, it started knocking and thats, i got it back onn plane once so i no i didnt blow the motor, but after it went back down loaded it back on the trailer, i didnt think i got ripped off its got 1200 hours on it and i paid 1100 for it

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

Wow! No tach, engine knocks, fuel contamination, TPS doesn't work and fuel runs out everywhere (so to speeak). DON'T run this engine anymore until you fix some of this stuff. If the TPS isn't working, is is possible the ECM is telling the injectors to pour as much fuel into the engine as they can possibly pass. That can result in excess fuel, the engine runs poorly and the crankcase filles with unburned fuel. The now diluted oil doesn't lubricate well which causes rod and main bearing wear and the result is lowered oil pressure and the knocking you hear.. That engine may already be turned into an $1100 anchor. And just so you know, primer bulbs do not and cannot stay firm after the engine is started because fuel is sucked through the fuel line.

If the electric fuel pump is continuing to run with the engine off or a pressure regulator has failed that would account for the rapid filling of the crankcase as well.

danielzspace123

Recruit

Wow! No tach, engine knocks, fuel contamination, TPS doesn't work and fuel runs out everywhere (so to speeak). DON'T run this engine anymore until you fix some of this stuff. If the TPS isn't working, is is possible the ECM is telling the injectors to pour as much fuel into the engine as they can possibly pass. That can result in excess fuel, the engine runs poorly and the crankcase filles with unburned fuel. The now diluted oil doesn't lubricate well which causes rod and main bearing wear and the result is lowered oil pressure and the knocking you hear.. That engine may already be turned into an $1100 anchor. And just so you know, primer bulbs do not and cannot stay firm after the engine is started because fuel is sucked through the fuel line.

If the electric fuel pump is continuing to run with the engine off or a pressure regulator has failed that would account for the rapid filling of the crankcase as well.

im not sure whats wrong with it im tired of messing with it so im taking it to the only yamaha master mechanic to take a look, im not running the motor anymore in fact im about to drain the oil and put new oil in it, that way it doent break nothing while it sits