2000 Yamaha F40TLRY 4stroke stalling

cnefalcons

Cadet
G'day Boater's
My 40hp stalls when I accelerate quickly, if it is done slowly there is no problem.
Fuel pump appears ok as do the plugs, however, I have ordered new of both.
Any other suggestions as to why it would stall when accelerated quickly?
Thanks

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
Re: 2000 Yamaha F40TLRY 4stroke stalling

my thoughts are carbs , Passages are starting to plug

Re: 2000 Yamaha F40TLRY 4stroke stalling

I have th same motor and was having the same problem. I cleaned and cleaned and cleaned the carbs. And it got better but not good. I'll tell you what it most likely is. Your accel pumps in your carbs. You will have to remove and clean them with carb dip. Do not waste your time with the canned stuff. Soak each carb for three hours. Remove as much rubber and plastic as possible. Take lots of pictures as you go. After you get the clean put the spring loaded plunger(about the size of a nickel) back in the bowl and fill the bowl with penetrating oil. And depress the plunger quickly and forcefully untill olenty of oil is flowing with each compression. Set the top part of the carb back on the bowl and depress the throttle lever over and over again untill you are getting a steady stream of oil through the brass tube it will be shooting a steady stream out I the back of the carb. Reassemble and you should be good to go.