DT100 HP Suzuki

ttjkn5

Recruit
I am on a remote Island in Alaska and fish are bitting just can't get to them. I have a manual and have checked compression and spark and fuel. No luck at getting running other than at idle speed. Boat was not used for a few years so drained out all of the oil, fuel and started fresh. Flushed out the oil injection system and running 110 to 1 fuel mix though till I am sure everything is working. Only 2 of the three oil lights are green on the engine monitor. Not sure what this means. Say some wax like stuff in the carbs so have cleaned them a couple of times. Any help would be appreciated.

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
Re: DT100 HP Suzuki

Do you have a tach on this thing?
Hard to tell what only idle speed means.

Check to see if timing is advancing as it should.

ttjkn5

Recruit

No tach, but I think the idle is a little high when it starts up then when warm idles down I would guess to around 800 to 900 rpms. I will find a tach and hook it up to be sure. Not quite sure how to check advance just to see if parts are moving or do I need to use a timing meter.

99yam40

Fleet Admiral

timing light is what I was talking about to make sure it is advancing properly and in spec

I was referring to your statement about only running at idle speed, maybe it is in RPM reduction mode due to some problem but alarm is not funtioning

How did you clean carbs?
And did you adjust like service manual calls for when you put back on?

stylesabu

Master Chief Petty Officer

you can't clean the carbs without removing bowls.the green lights indicate oil level in resivour

ttjkn5

Recruit

timing light is what I was talking about to make sure it is advancing properly and in spec

I was referring to your statement about only running at idle speed, maybe it is in RPM reduction mode due to some problem but alarm is not funtioning

How did you clean carbs? Removed them and took apart both needle valve and main jet. There was a wax balls on the throttle flapper that I cleaned off but needle valve and main jet seemed clean. I sprayed them out with carb cleaner. Nothing in bowl. Tired to measure float distance and didi not have a ggod enough straight edge nor could gage when just the needle was touching.
And did you adjust like service manual calls for when you put back on?
1 1/2 turns out.

I am going to chech the throttle body sensor ohm readings next but wife has me going on a vacation for the next week. The timing may not be advancing properly either, so will check that also but first need to find where yhe timing marks are at.

ttjkn5

Recruit

you can't clean the carbs without removing bowls.the green lights indicate oil level in resivour

Thanks I did fiannaly figure out the lights were for oil level and I did remove the bowls and to an untrained eye they look clean, those nasty wax like gobbluals on the throttble body seemed odd.