Suzuki DT30C 1999

Janniklindskov

Seaman Apprentice
Hello Guys

I am new to Suzuki but have been working on my old 1986 johnson 90 hp so im not new to outboard engines.

I just bougt this engine and i ran it in the lake yesterday. I had put new fuel in it before the first run. Tried it in the driveway before i went and it startede up fine and idled fine. But when i got on the lake the problem is that it dosen't run well from 1/4 throttle to a bit over 1/2 throttle. At WOT it runs fine. It is hard to say if its is missing or if it is not getting enough fuel but it is coughs.

When i got home from the lake i pulled the plugs and they were light brown and dry.

Today i went to the local dealer to ask him if he had any idears. I told him that i thought it was a bit cold on the cylinders and then he told me that i had to have a new T-stat. But when i got home and took it apart i could see that it worked fine(put it in hot water and it open fine). I asked the guy at the local shop if it was difficult to clean the carbs and get them adjusted, and the he gave my a long speach on how they had to be syncroniced etc. and he would't give the basic setting for the carbs.

So here is what i have done so far:

New spark plugs, cheked the T-stat and done a compression test (130 psi on all 3 cylinders).

My next step it to clean the carbs and i wonder if it is as easy as on my old Johnson, there was nothing that had to be adjusted other then the link and sync. If there are some jets that need to be adjusted can anyone please tell me the basic adjustment for the carbs.

Hope you can help me:)

Regards Jannik