Suzuki DF70 Fuel Pump Help

Iceking

Seaman
I am 1/2 way through a weeks vacation in OBX with my boat and one of of DF70's is giving me problems. I have twin 2002 DF70's on a 2100 Seacat. On Monday, the starboard engine decided to no longer pull fuel from the tank, through the clear bowl fuel/water separator. I have changed all of my inline filters, with the exception of the HP fuel filter, however I still cannot seem to figure out why the engine will not pull fuel from the tank at the rate the engine is burnign fuel? When the fuel gets to the bottom of the separator filter the engine dies, however if I were to hand pump the fuel ball to keep the fuel above the bottom of the filter, the engine just keeps running strong as always. What could be the problem? Could the fuel pump have gone bad? Hopeing to salvage a week fishing. I just ordered a fuel pump via ups snd Day Air, and it will be arriving today. Not sure if this is the problem, however it was my best attempt at diagnosing the problem after doing everyingthing else. Please help. Thank, Matt

Rancherlee

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Suzuki DF70 Fuel Pump Help

My Johnson (white painted df70) has 2 fuel pumps, there is a small low pressure mikuni vacuum operated pump that sucks fuel from the tank and transfers it to the vapor canister where the second EFI fuel pump is. I'm willing to bet the rubber diaphragm ripped in that low pressure transfer pump since it's 10 years old now. Similar Mikuni vacuum fuel pumps like that on other outboards I've owned and snowmobiles too have had the rubber go bad.

MX727

Recruit
Re: Suzuki DF70 Fuel Pump Help

Iceking where are the cone filters located at in the fuel lines. mikuni fuel pumps have 2 check valves in each pump. they wear out and need to be replaced. Suzuki says it not replaceable but you can buyy the kits online or at motor cycle shops.
winderosa is the manuf. part number 451455