trying to take apart a yamaha 2000 4stroke 25hp motor

Brittany<3

Recruit
I found water in the oil in our yamaha 2000 4 stroke 25hp motor, so im trying to take it apart to check out the heads - this is my first time diving into this motor and have no idea what im doing. I did download a manual but it doesnt seem to be helping me at this point.I cant seem to figure out how exactly the power cylinder comes off and the manual completely skips it. if anyone can help with this it would be really appreciated - like I said its the first time I've ever tried to do this. I attached a couple pictures to show where exactly im stuck at.

Attachments

• photo (8).jpg
    photo (8).jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 0
  • photo (9).jpg
    photo (9).jpg
    140 KB · Views: 0

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
Re: trying to take apart a yamaha 2000 4stroke 25hp motor

you need to get a Yamaha service manual for your motor, it will have steps needed to do maintenance.

Not sure what you are calling power cylinder, maybe power head.

Pics are upside down for some reason, and I have no idea what you have done and what you have not done by looking at pics

gazza2007au

Chief Petty Officer
Re: trying to take apart a yamaha 2000 4stroke 25hp motor

i done a full engine rebuild on one of these but a mercury same model and year u need to remove the mid section panels than under the powerhead u will see the bolts u need to undo and dont forget to unclip the gear selector at the front of the engine