Yamaha 2005 60TLRD

cobalt107

Recruit
I purchased a 2005 G3 with a 2005 60hp TLRD about one month ago & I finally have it running nicely after recleaning the carbs & blowing out, changed prop, lower motor to the #1 hole - stopped ventilation. The only slight problem i'm having is when running wot or 3/4 throttle and I start backing off of the throttle at about the 1/2 throttle, I get a surge where the engine speeds up.....i keep backing off the throttle & everything is fine, it starts up & runs fine except for this problem. Does anyone have any ideas?

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
Re: Yamaha 2005 60TLRD

backing off throttle causes RPM to rise, means to me that you are not firing on all cylinders at upper RPMs and when backing off it starts firing again.

Probably need to go through the carbs again and make sure they are adjusted like manual calls for.

Have you checked to make sure your fuel pump is not leaking fuel into the crank case through the pulse port?

cobalt107

Recruit

Thank you for the reply! No, I didn't think of the fuel pump, but i will check it...... I will pull the carbs again, check the settings.

cobalt107

Recruit

I may have found the problem....all screws & bolts on the fuel pump were less than finger tight, but parts look new. When the temp cools off, I'll hit the water & see if the problem has been found. Thanks, again!!