Carb Needle Valve for 2005 Yamaha 4 HP (F4MLHD/F4MSHD) Fix or Replacement Question.

sashko1

Seaman Apprentice
Hi,

yesterday I picked up this 2005 Yamaha 4 HP 4-cycle outboard motor. The previous owner explained that the carburetor needle valve is stuck and he couldn't remove it.

I took the carb apart yesterday when I got home and, man!, did he make some damage to that valve!!! Anyway, the valve is really deformed. I poured some CLR liquid onto the valve and after it sat like that for about 1/2 hout I was able to remove the valve. As handy as I am, I do not believe this valve can be fixed.

So, is there maybe a cross-matching valve available from some other (maybe cheaper) motor?

Part # for this valve is: 67D-14546-00-00.

I'm really money tight now and looking for any possible good deal options.

Please advise?

Thank you,
Kuy.

robert graham

Admiral
Re: Carb Needle Valve for 2005 Yamaha 4 HP (F4MLHD/F4MSHD) Fix or Replacement Questio

I'm not dead sure, but that needle valve may be sold as a part of a "carb rebuild kit"....price shouldn't be very expensive, either way. And with the kit you'd get some new gaskets, O-rings, etc. If the needle valve was in such bad shape, maybe carb could use a good cleaning while you have it apart anyway?... Start using Stabil or Seafoam in your fuel all the time and drain carb for extended lay-up periods. Good Luck!:)

sashko1

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Carb Needle Valve for 2005 Yamaha 4 HP (F4MLHD/F4MSHD) Fix or Replacement Questio

Thank you Robert. I may consider the kit option as well.

99yam40

Fleet Admiral

if the needle was in that bad of shape then the seat it sits in could be bad also, and looking at the parts brake down for that carb it does not show up as a replaceable part. You maybe looking for a carb.

Looks like a 1999 to current year model 4 use same needle, but did not look to see if carb was same part #.
I cannot understand why it would cost $40 to $50 just for needle, but that is what I saw also