Dt60 Suzuki missing but still has spark

Firemanpat01

Cadet
Hi guys I have a suzuki 60 hp dt60.
Recently gave the carbs and jets a huge clean out and put back together as it wasn't idling properly. Now it is missing on the bottom piston but still has spark. Pulled the plug out and was covered in fuel and oil. Any ideas befor I take it take it to a pro?? Head gasket? Valve or somethink else , can't recall it ever getting hot

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
Re: Dt60 Suzuki missing but still has spark

check to see if fuel pump is leaking into crankcase

Firemanpat01

Cadet

Thanks for the advise pal , but how do I check/fix that???
Sorry I'm not very smart when it comes to outboards

99yam40

Fleet Admiral

open it up and inspect for holes/tear in diaphragm or unbolt from motor and pump the primer bulb to see if fuel comes out of the pulse port.
Replace with a new one if broke

Firemanpat01

Cadet

99yam40 you are a legend mate, indeed that was the problem filling up my bottom cylinder, I would never of known about the pulse pump if it wasn't for you.
Now I have talking to a few mechanics and they seem to think that this happens a lot , so how do you think I would go putting a small electric fuel pump in and blocking off the pulse hole and bypassing the other fuel pump? Do you think it will supply to much fuel? I'm thinking that an electric pump will self regulate when float level in bowl is sufficient...
Keen for your thoughts
Cheers mate

99yam40

Fleet Admiral

If it ever sprung a leak it would not be good on a boat, I would keep it the way it was designed.
Fuel pumps go out sometimes even electric ones, if the motor has problems and lean sneezes on that cylinder it may pop the diaphragm. or ethanol may hurt the older ones
They normally last for many years and you know what to look for now