Need Zerk Fitting For My Yamaha Steering

boatmon345

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I accidentally overtightened and subsequently broke off one of the zerk fittings on my steering assembly by the Yamaha motor.

I looked through the parts catalogs online but could not find reference to zerk fitting.

I went down to my local hardware store and purchased a zerk fitting 1/4in thread 28 but it did not fit.

Does anyone know where I can get a proper replacement zerk fitting or at least the part number? I am assuming it is a stainless steel type.

Thank you.

minuteman62-64

Lieutenant
Re: Need Zerk Fitting For My Yamaha Steering

I broke a zerk on my Japanese made Mariner. Replaced it with a metric threaded fitting from my local hardware store. Its not stainless, but only cost about $0.25 and lives covered with grease so it will either last awhile or be cheap to replace.

Should be able to get the metric threaded fittings at auto parts store or Ace Hardware or neighborhood equivalent.

6mm straight fittings , i just replace all ours

yamaha part number 93700-06M03-00 NIPPLE, GREASE

boatmon345

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thank you very much for this information.

FWIW I decided to go with zerk fittings I found on McMaster-Carr website. I purchased a 3 pack of # 2250K11 which are stainless steel, 6MM, straight, for $6.08. I just received them and they look quality. I installed one and although it was an unexpectedly tight fit, it looks like this will do the trick. Also the socket you will use to install this zerk is a bit smaller than the socket used for the stock zerks (sorry I didn't note the socket size you will need). The only complaint I have about the MC order process is that there was never any indication of shipping charge, and only after I placed the order did it indicate "applicable shipping charges will be added", and still never indicated how much. I didn't like that so I complained. We'll see what I end up getting billed.

The zerk fittings I purchased:
http://www.mcmaster.com/#catalog/118/2188/=hwkf7u