Suzuki temp light flashing while cold

b0mbtrack

Petty Officer 1st Class
Suzuki df140 2001. The temp light just started to flash. Both the pump impeller and the thermostat were done in the beginning of the season and the boat was used a number of times with no problems till now. The engine is actually a good temperature tested with my temp gun so it is not actually overheating and the light will flash with the key on engine not running position. It will flash in that position even if the engine is cold like if it has been sitting over night.

I'm thinking a sensor is bad but figured I would come here to get other opinions and maybe a way to test it out. Thanks in advance.

Ldavidgrover

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Suzuki temp light flashing while cold

You can try to disconnect the sensor and see if that works. Most likely you have a glitch in the ECM as that's what I have come cross in the past

b0mbtrack

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks, there are two sensors that I'm looking at that might be the temp. sensor. One is located just in front of the lifting eye, the other is on the top but to the port side of the t/stat. I disconnected both but there was no difference. I don't have a wore diagram so if either of those were wrong just let me know. Is there a way to hook a computer up to this engine to test the ECM?
Thanks again.

Ldavidgrover

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Yea your local Suzuki Dealer should have a computer they can hook up and verify