suzuki 140 df fuel leaking our of engine?

bcsuzuki

Cadet
Dont know if anyone has any ideas but heres my problem(s):
The exhaust plug corroded away and a portion blew out ( of the exhaust plug) when motor was running. I was able to come up with a plug to repair that but the high heat exposed the wiring harness that runs past that area (left side of motor just above flush out plug) and melted the wires together. at first the motor would not start. Then after I was able to separate the wires,took a long time and i had to use a razor, it started but ran real rough. I can smell fuel and it appears to be coming out of the bottom of the lower unit (thru the exhauset ?) i am also getting a "fault code" of 4 then 3 (lights blinking). The fault code i looked up indicated fuel injector. I am confused as to what happened and know it must be related to the wires having melted together. If anyone has any ideas i would greatly appreciate the help.

dan

Ldavidgrover

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: suzuki 140 df fuel leaking our of engine?

If you pull your side pans off. Below the rectifier you will see a o2 sensor port that probably corroded out. And when it does it usually melts the wires. You can cut and butt connect them back together and zip tie them to the little eyelet above them. As far as the o2 port. Any welder should be able to weld a little plate over that and you should be good. Very common for this early DF 140

bcsuzuki

Cadet
Re: suzuki 140 df fuel leaking our of engine?

If you pull your side pans off. Below the rectifier you will see a o2 sensor port that probably corroded out. And when it does it usually melts the wires. You can cut and butt connect them back together and zip tie them to the little eyelet above them. As far as the o2 port. Any welder should be able to weld a little plate over that and you should be good. Very common for this early DF 140

thanks for the advice----the wires affected are now separated and no longer making contact with each other and then i wrapped them with electrical tape. they definitely were melted and they appear to power the fuel injectors. i will try cutting and replacing them and see what happens

thanks