I have cleaned and emptied the oil tank Yamaha 60hp 1998

Rolle123

Cadet
Hello,
I have a question. I have emptied my oil-tank completely to be able to clean it. I have now put it back and filled it up again. My question is if anyone knows whether the oil-pump drains airbubbles automaticly or if I need to do it manually somewhere? The engine is a 1998 Yamaha 60hp autolube C60TLRW.

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
Re: I have cleaned and emptied the oil tank Yamaha 60hp 1998

C60 is a premix motor not a autolube.

But I would follow directions in service manual to bleed oil system of air while running motor on premix to make sure it is not deprived of oil

Rolle123

Cadet

C60 is a premix motor not a autolube.

But I would follow directions in service manual to bleed oil system of air while running motor on premix to make sure it is not deprived of oil

But it is a separate oiltank which a always fill up and i never premix the fuel with oil. I have had the boat for 2,5 years.
I can not find in the manual how the bleed the system, does anyone know?

99yam40

Fleet Admiral

look at the model # on the motor again to be sure of what you have
and make sure your service manual is for the model # motor

multimech

Petty Officer 1st Class

Look at the lower part of the port side of the block. If you see a funny looking metal thing with a rod attached to it from the carbs and hoses running out it it, your engine has an oil pump. To bleed it...With the engine OFF, turn the philips head screw on top of the pump counterclockwise until oil starts to run out. Let it bleed for about 1 minute or until you see no more air bubbles.

Rolle123

Cadet

Look at the lower part of the port side of the block. If you see a funny looking metal thing with a rod attached to it from the carbs and hoses running out it it, your engine has an oil pump. To bleed it...With the engine OFF, turn the philips head screw on top of the pump counterclockwise until oil starts to run out. Let it bleed for about 1 minute or until you see no more air bubbles.

My manual just says "bleed the hoses from oilpump" but not how to do it.
Do you have a picture of the actual pump and the screw that shall be opened to bleed it?