Suzuki DT 225 Oil Seals

northswell

Recruit
2002 Suzuki DT 225
I recently discovered some oil in my lower unit due to wrapped fishing line around the propeller shaft. There appears to be two oil seals one is outside and is accessed easily. The other appears to be behind the propeller shaft stopper nut. The diagram shows speacial tools needed to remove and get to the second oil seal. The 1st special tool is to remove the propeller shaft stopper nut and then a second tool is to remove the propeller shaft housing. My question is the second oil seal behind both of these pieces ? it is hard to tell in the diagram. Is there another way to get to the inner oil seal without buying the 300 worth of tools? For this one time deal. I tried folding the washer tabs back and tapping with a hammer and a punch but its not budging and the aluminum stopper nut is not very strong. There also supposedly a key that needs to be removed I did not find this and it looks to be behind the stopper nut and the tab washer unless this key is keeping everything from turning.

Ldavidgrover

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Suzuki DT 225 Oil Seals

Here you go, Tap a drywall screw with a light hammer until you pierce it thur the seal and take a turn on it be careful you dont go to far you will hit a bearing. Once you have the screw in a thread or two take a pair of side cutters and pull it out. Clean the surface and tap your new seals into place. Grease will help