Yamaha 2005 F30TLRD Stalls comming off full throttle

Hey all,

Having a problem with my 05 30 hp Yamaha 4 stroke stalling after full throttle. It will start and idle/fast idle fine at the ramp, then when I open it up to full throttle for the first time it runs great. My problem is once I pull back from full throttle and run medium - low speed, the motor runs rough with extra vibrations and stalls after about 15 to 30 seconds, and once it stalls gas will leak from somewhere under the cowling. I'm not sure exactly where its leaking from, just when I tilt the motor up you can see a stream leak out. The only way to start after this is turn the key while I slowly push up the throttle in neutral. Once it starts it will run fine in low - medum speed, but if I go full throttle same thing, stall and flood. Just to be clear it dosent stall in full throttle, only once I've slowed down. I just recently purchased the motor so I don't know that much about it, I'm assuming its getting flooded some how, but I'm no expert. Any way I can fix this at home without having to bring it to the shop? Thanks for the help

multimech

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Yamaha 2005 F30TLRD Stalls comming off full throttle

Looking at the schematics this is a carburated engine. It sounds to me as if the carbs are gummed up or out of synch. The leak may be an indication that gum is in the carbs. Have a technician do a leak down and spark check. Have them check the carbs and fuel system for that leak, that is dangerous. I don't suggest you try this at home unless you have the right equipment. It will be worth the money taking it to a certified technician and save you alot of heartaches.

Take it to the mechanic is not really the answer I was looking for.. Boat is garage kept and I have all the tools and know how to remove and degum the carbs if that is indeed the probem. Anyone els think this is my problem or have an idea what it could be?

handle

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I am currently in the process of cleaning fouled carbs on a f40 tlr 06, under close inspection found partially clogged pilot jets. Point being you may be surprised to see what you will find under closer inspection. Maybe one of the float seats has debris in it causing a small over flow of gasoline. As we all know mechanics are pricey and don't always resolve the problem at hand.

2012-05-27 16.06.01.jpg. So I took the boat out today, and after stalling and flooding out a guy came by to help and asked me to remove the cowling. To my shock, once the motor started I had gas squirting out right along the gasket of the part pictured. I'm not sure if that's the fuel pump or a filter or what, it has a gas in line and 2 gas out lines going to the carb. Can anyone explain what's going on? I'm starting to think one of my 3 carbs floats are sticking open, but I'm not sure. Thanks for any help

handle

Petty Officer 2nd Class

That part you have pictured is the fuel pump. First resolve the gas leak and go from there.