2005 Yamaha 40TLRD ....Need Help With Vacuum lines

HOOKERS

Cadet
To anyone out there who can help me figure out where the vacuum lines go on a 2005 40hp yamaha it would be greatly appreciated. The previous owner removed all the wiring/starter and bracket as well as the vacuum lines. There appears to be a vacuum "nipple" to and from each cylinder but there is an additional one under the flywheel (starboard side) that is a mystery. I could also use some help with the positive and negative wires going to the solenoid and starter. I have searched the internet for days with no luck. Anyone with pictures or some knowledge would be seriously appreciated. Thanks.

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
Re: 2005 Yamaha 40TLRD ....Need Help With Vacuum lines

I really do not think there is vacuum ports ,nipples, or lines on that 2 stroke. are they oil lines?
A Yamaha service manual would help.

HOOKERS

Cadet

I really do not think there is vacuum ports ,nipples, or lines on that 2 stroke. are they oil lines?
A Yamaha service manual would help.

These are the gray lines that run from the intake to the crankcase on the starboard side of the motor. There are three gray hoses, 2 longer and 1 short. I have googled like crazy for images but the coil and starter bracket blocks the view. I really need someone with the same or at least a 50-60hp to look at it and compare.

99yam40

Fleet Admiral

on the older motors the 40 and 50 were same block, but not sure on the newer ones
manual should show routing

HOOKERS

Cadet

Anyone out there have a 40-50hp yamaha 2 stroke to assist me? I'm dying over here...:facepalm:

robert graham

Admiral

Sounds like those oil recirculation lines that transfer oil from various parts of the engine. My 90HP Yamaha has about 4 or 5 of those rubber hoses going from different places. You may need to get a Manual for your motor with a diagram or maybe someone on here with the same motor as yours can send you a photo, or you might go to a Yamaha Dealer and look at one of their motors. Otherwise, you'll just be guessing, and I believe these lines are important for the internal lubrication. Good Luck!

BaileysBoat

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Sorry, can't seem to paste the link.

Go to Boats Net. Good schematics in the Yamaha section.

HOOKERS

Cadet

Okay, I have them where the schematics tell me they go. However, I am still unsure of their purpose. I've heard they are for fuel "puddling" in the crankcase...oil return lines...and vacuum lines.. Oh well, whatever they are they are in their correct place. Any help out there with the starter/ground/solenoid wiring?....Not familiar with this set up at all.

99yam40

Fleet Admiral

just like any other start relay the Bat+ goes to one big terminal and the other big terminal on relay goes to starter.
Bat - goes to bolt on starter(ground). Control wiring has one to ground and start wire to other small terminal