1994 yamaha 25hp 2 stroke oil injexction bypass help

explorin

Cadet
hey everyone, ive got a question about disconnecting my oil injection..i believe i know how, but i want to make sure everyone agrees that its safe..i attached a pic to ease the description..

as you can see in the pic, ive drawn arrows and labeled certain lines as what they are, and were they flow to..from right to left, ive labeled FTM as fuel to motor, then fuel from the tank, and finally the oil injection line. what i want to know is, can i simply just cut the oil line in half, and put bolts or some other object to block the flow, and then just mix my gas?

i want to do this because what ive read the injection system runs the motor at 100:1, and i want to run it at 50:1 because i think it would be better for the motor.im not worried about mixing my gas wrong or anything..ive owned 2 strokes my whole life so im use to mixing gas and oil..thanks everyone!

Attachments

• DSC_0377.JPG
    DSC_0377.JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 1

RogersJetboat454

Commander
Re: 1994 yamaha 25hp 2 stroke oil injexction bypass help

hey everyone, ive got a question about disconnecting my oil injection..i believe i know how, but i want to make sure everyone agrees that its safe..i attached a pic to ease the description..

as you can see in the pic, ive drawn arrows and labeled certain lines as what they are, and were they flow to..from right to left, ive labeled FTM as fuel to motor, then fuel from the tank, and finally the oil injection line. what i want to know is, can i simply just cut the oil line in half, and put bolts or some other object to block the flow, and then just mix my gas?

i want to do this because what ive read the injection system runs the motor at 100:1, and i want to run it at 50:1 because i think it would be better for the motor.im not worried about mixing my gas wrong or anything..ive owned 2 strokes my whole life so im use to mixing gas and oil..thanks everyone!

A simpler solution;

Why not leave the injection in place, and add a little mix to your fuel?

BTW, Shes been running the 100:1 mix for almost 20 years now. From the all the decent products I've seen with the Yamaha name (discounting their stern drives) on it, I don't believe the engineers who work for Yamaha are dopes. If it were mine, I would leave it alone. But it's your engine and your call, what ever makes you feel better. ;)

explorin

Cadet

I guess I wanted to bypass it cause it's one less thing that can fail, but I have heard it is quite reliable. And good point that it has been that way for 20 years. Would using a 50:1 gas mix in my fuel tank be ok? If my math is right that would put the final mix at 75:1. Or should I just let my motor do the mixing? And how do I know it's working, other than having to refill the oil tank?

multimech

Petty Officer 1st Class

The Yamaha oil pumps are the most trouble free and bullet proof oil injections systems that I have seen. They use a bronze gear on the crankshaft and a mechanical pump, no diaphragms.

Check the hoses to make sure they are in good shape. Put oil in your gas and at an idle, simply pull of an oil line to the intake and see if it drips oil, the pump is working if it does.

You will have no problem with the oil pump, believe me. Anything short of getting water in the engine it seizing from it.

explorin

Cadet

Sounds good. I'll stay with the way Yamaha designed it at 100:1 and just check the oil line often to make sure it's working.

My last question, I've got about 5 gallons of 50:1 gas, would it be ok to use that intill it's gone?

SparkieBoat

Captain

use that gas in your lawn mower....or chain saw..or weed eater...but if that was the only gas I had and it was a long paddle back to shore..I would use it in the outboard...LOL