Should you hear a clicking when you choke 1986 suzuki dt-150 when you push key in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

larryhere

Seaman Apprentice
Hi, on all my other outboards i have owned, when you go to start, or just push in on the key,, you can hear the choke click on!! I don't hear any click! It does start after about 4/5 seconds, but its warm out and i just bought this boat! Seller said that it chokes when cranking, so you don't hear it happen (click)!! Thanks larry!

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
Re: Should you hear a clicking when you choke 1986 suzuki dt-150 when you push key in

Why not pull the cowling and look to see if it has the electric choke and see if it operates when you turn or push the key.
Is this motor carbed?

larryhere

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Should you hear a clicking when you choke 1986 suzuki dt-150 when you push key in

thanks, i guess thats why your the CAPTAIN and i'm only a cadet, never thought off that! yes, its carbs! as a cadet,, i'm on my way to check now :facepalm: :)

86'Stratos

Recruit
I feel as if I bought your boat lol. I just purchased an older boat with a 86' dt150 on it. Had the engine serviced and to say the least it cost a pretty penny as it needed a bunch of things. Now it starts fine in the morning. I'll run it open for a while to my spot and shut her down and troll. Then trying to get her restarted is impossible practically. Takes forever and sometime won't start.. As I'm new to the boat. Is it operator error or can you guys possibly steer me in the right direction as to what causes this problem. Doesn't happen every time. Sometimes starts right up but more times then I care to happen it doesn't start.

JoLin

Vice Admiral
Hi, Stratos - welcome to iboats. Please go back to the beginning of the Yamaha forum and click on the box that allows you to start a new thread of your own. This thread was started by 'larryhere' so he could get answers to his own question. Thanks.

JoLin

Vice Admiral
Oh, shoot- Stratos, I didn;t realize you had resurrected a 2 and a half year old thread. That's another no-no. You should have seen the warning not to respond to old threads unless you were the original poster. Please read the forum rules and save yourself some grief.

Status
Not open for further replies.