2001 Yamaha VMax 175hp

jknguye6

Recruit
Is it normal for gas to spit out of the tiny hole in the diaphragm? In the image below you can see the small hole under the top left bolt. It only spit out little at idle but when i give it throttle a lot of gas spit out. It is only happening to the top one. The boat is idling very rough as well. I have left the motor untouched for about 6 months. Then when i took it out the motor was stalling out on me, i figured it had to deal with the bad fuel. So i flushed the gas, put in new spark plugs, changed the water/fuel separater, and outside fuel filter and the boat ran fine for awhile and i thought everything was fixed so i decided to go fishing. When i started the boat up back up after fishing, i see that my engine started idling rough again and the throttle wasnt responsive anymore at low throttle like the gas is clogging somewhere but when i put it at WOT it kicks in and goes fine. Please help thankss

IMAG0374.jpg

erniefish

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 2001 Yamaha VMax 175hp

i would bet ruptured fuel pump diaphram,if it was me and i had a little extra $ i would replace both, another way to check is to loosen/remove both bolts holding pump and pump fuel bulb, if gas gushes out= bad pump

Ldavidgrover

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 2001 Yamaha VMax 175hp

The fuel pump on the bottom in the pic has been updated. You can tell by the clear tab. The one on the top I would replace the entire thing because the price between rebuilding and replacing are very close in price