yamaha hpdi will not exceed 3700 rpm? please video is attached.

kfirbar

Recruit
my Yamaha is 2000 hpdi 200hp and i have bin desperate from it! got back from the dealer that also told me that he don't know what is the problem. the engine start immediately but will not exceed 3700 rpm. i cleand the vst tank changed all the filters and replace the "mistery filters" in the high pressure pump, look in the video that i linked, please help or idea what i can check or do?? i live in Florida and willing to pay also for mechanic o solve this issue, (5 others couldn't do)
check the link for video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8ig4kTHngk

robert graham

Admiral
Re: yamaha hpdi will not exceed 3700 rpm? please video is attached.

Maybe check each spark plug for a visual indication of which cylinder is not firing or running lean? Maybe you have a bad injector, spark plug or coil and losing power on that cylinder? Good Luck!

99yam40

Fleet Admiral

Have you or the shops tested anything or are you just replacing parts and hoping for the best?
Did any of the shops have a Yamaha master tech in them that looked at your motor and did any one hook it up to a computer?
Post what has been tested and what the readings where,
no need for us to make recommendations if it all has been done already.

kfirbar

Recruit

yes the motor was at the dealer and i have the resolutes, it is showing all specs are right , the only thing it is saying 2 cylinders not firing like the engine is in neutral, Yamaha told me it is normal when it is out of the water and its only working wile you put in gear, i read in others forums that allot of people have same issues like that but didn't find solution to that.. i m going to check a guy told me tps check or corrosion on ground can create that problem... going to check! cant wait to tell you if its worked
thanks for responding!!

99yam40

Fleet Admiral

Saying all is in spec does not give us any info.

Can you give us the info they read and at what RPM?

Info needs to be taken at the problem RPM not when running OK.

If the neutral switch is bad, that will make the ECU think it is in in neutral still.

Ldavidgrover

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Where in Florida do you live?

kfirbar

Recruit

found the problem!!!! hope that everbody that have this issue will have the same problem like me!
so you turn the engine on, take off the control position sensor plug and see if it been fixed!
if the problem fixed just replace this sensor with new one,
if you disconected the plug and turn the engine off it will give the same issue so you have to do it only once when it is running.. thanks for all to send idea and good luck!!