Yamaha Trim Gauge Not Working

Jim193

Recruit
I hope someone on the forum can help me. I have a 2003 Champion 193 CX with a Yamaha 2003 200 HPDI, VZ200TLRB. The engine and boat were purchased new in 2004. About 2 months ago, when I took my boat out I noticed the trim gauge was not working. The gauge is a Teleflex Sportsman series. I bought a new gauge to replace it and it does not work either, I called the new Teleflex support and they told me how to test the gauges and both are working. I replaced the trim sender with a new one last week and the gauge still does not work. Any help and/or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

ameee

Cadet
Re: Yamaha Trim Gauge Not Working

I do not know if this will help but my trim gauge was not working, after several weeks and ordering a service manual I finally fixed it today.

Found I was searching in the wrong place for the trim gauge wires. I found the wires on the bottom front inside the cowling, but the wires I needed were on the top mid port side in the cowling. The wires needed are pink (no stripes)

I can only guess that Yamaha sets the wiring up for other gauges which does not require this wire. There is no mention of this trim gauge wire in the Owners manual nor the service manual (at least that I could find).

Anyway, after receiving the service manual I started with reviewing the wiring diagrams and looked for anything pertaining to the trim gauge. This morning I traced the pink wire until I found the disconnected wires. Checked them with a continuity meter and found the wires I needed.
1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

Hope this helps
George

Last edited: