1984 Suzuki DT2 Gear Oil Change

Jeremy T

Seaman
I have a 1984 suzuki DT2. I am in the process of changing the gear oil. I have found online that it only holds 2.4 ounces of 90 weight gear oil. The problem I am having is that there is only one drain hole and no vent hole. Every instruction I can find online has a vent and a drain. should I just lay the engine on its side and pour 2.4 ounces in and be done with it? I am thinking if I fill it with the engine upright the conventional way pressure will build up from adding the oil and I will never have enough time to get the drain plug back in before most of the 2.4 ounces runs out. Any comments will be appreciated.

Robert2638

Recruit
Re: 1984 Suzuki DT2 Gear Oil Change

I have a 1984 suzuki DT2. I am in the process of changing the gear oil. I have found online that it only holds 2.4 ounces of 90 weight gear oil. The problem I am having is that there is only one drain hole and no vent hole. Every instruction I can find online has a vent and a drain. should I just lay the engine on its side and pour 2.4 ounces in and be done with it? I am thinking if I fill it with the engine upright the conventional way pressure will build up from adding the oil and I will never have enough time to get the drain plug back in before most of the 2.4 ounces runs out. Any comments will be appreciated.

Hi Jeremy, I Too have a DT2 engine which runs beautifully. Problem is I cannot find where to get info like lubrication, maintainance etc on line. Can you help?