1999 yamaha 200 vmax squeak?

abbymae

Recruit
I have a 1999 vmax that makes a squeaking sound at random times. I can't find any common factors that indicate when it will start, just does it at random times. I don't have any HP issues. It might have a very small miss between 3000-3500 rpms. Its hard to tell. Any ideas on what this could be? Sounds sort of like a belt squeaking. Thanks

robert graham

Admiral
Re: 1999 yamaha 200 vmax squeak?

Maybe your motor has that driveshaft rubber bushing than can require replacement or lubrication. Drop the lower unit to inspect. Good Luck!

abbymae

Recruit

Maybe your motor has that driveshaft rubber bushing than can require replacement or lubrication. Drop the lower unit to inspect. Good Luck!

Mine is an ox66.is the rubber bushing on the end that goes up into the midsection?
Thank you

jkainoa

Recruit

I have a 1999 vmax that makes a squeaking sound at random times. I can't find any common factors that indicate when it will start, just does it at random times. I don't have any HP issues. It might have a very small miss between 3000-3500 rpms. Its hard to tell. Any ideas on what this could be? Sounds sort of like a belt squeaking. Thanks

Don't know if you figured this out yet but I have the exact same motor and had the exact same problem. Drove me crazy trying to figure it out. It was the exhaust manifold screws backing out. Sounded like a squaky belt. There is several of them behind the computer/brains that go around it (the manifold). I took it in to an authorized service center and had them all tighted and I think they replaced the gasket too. They told me it's common with that motor. That was several years ago and I haven't had problems since. FYI: If you look at the screws, you may see water leaking out of them from the screws not being tight enough. One of my screws actually fell out, that's how I figured out what the problem was. Hope this helps!