25 suzuki 4 stroke 2004 water in the oil

Barkspud

Recruit
Ok guys im guessing its a really bad condensation problem because we run the motor for short runs and it never has time to really get hot. I read the oil change section in the repair manual and they make it sound like its a very common problem when not running the motor up to temp when opperating. The oil is 7 buck a quart and takes four so a weekly oil change is going to suck. Im using suzuki 4 stroke synthetic do u think there a better oil that won't hold the moister so much. That would give the vaccum a chance to do its job on the top end. Or should we just sell it and move on to somthing else.

Ldavidgrover

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: 25 suzuki 4 stroke 2004 water in the oil

Ok guys im guessing its a really bad condensation problem because we run the motor for short runs and it never has time to really get hot. I read the oil change section in the repair manual and they make it sound like its a very common problem when not running the motor up to temp when opperating. The oil is 7 buck a quart and takes four so a weekly oil change is going to suck. Im using suzuki 4 stroke synthetic do u think there a better oil that won't hold the moister so much. That would give the vaccum a chance to do its job on the top end. Or should we just sell it and move on to somthing else.

Sounds to me the head is corroded out if your getting water in oil.

Barkspud

Recruit
Re: 25 suzuki 4 stroke 2004 water in the oil

Could be a head gasket but used it every day since oil change and no water yet. It had been a long time since the oil was changed. I just started the matinance the companies equipment. Im checking it everyday and running it up to temp before shutting it down. As i said suzuki say it will happen if nort run up to temp..im curiouse if anyone else has this problem.