2005 150D Yamaha Oil problem

Alrusse

Recruit
I have a 2005 150D yamaha outboard and the problem is that oil will not refill from the remote tank to the main tank on the motor either electrically or manually using the switch on the motor. I have removed the tank, cleaned it and changed the small inline filter on the outside of the remote tank. Still no oil being pumped to the main tank on the motor. Is there some electrical connection or fuse that I am not checkingor could it be the oil line itself that is blocked.

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
Re: 2005 150D Yamaha Oil problem

If the pump will not run then I would check to see if it has 12 v + to it and if not chase it back from there. If it does have 12 v+ then chase the ground side to see where it is having a problem

yamatech43

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Yeah, check the plug for corrosion and 12volts....when you test a plug for voltage be sure to use the plugs ground as that's 50percent of what you need in that plug, common for people to grab a ground elswhere and test for power, then think accessory is bad but ground is missing in plug. These pumps don't often go out, especially since only few years old. Also check to see if you let grommet in tank fall in and get picked up by pump...happens a LOT.

Alrusse

Recruit

If the pump will not run then I would check to see if it has 12 v + to it and if not chase it back from there. If it does have 12 v+ then chase the ground side to see where it is having a problem

thanks for the quick response, I will probably not get to the Marina till Friday but I will let you know if you have solved the problem.
Thanks again,
Al

Alrusse

Recruit

Yeah, check the plug for corrosion and 12volts....when you test a plug for voltage be sure to use the plugs ground as that's 50percent of what you need in that plug, common for people to grab a ground elswhere and test for power, then think accessory is bad but ground is missing in plug. These pumps don't often go out, especially since only few years old. Also check to see if you let grommet in tank fall in and get picked up by pump...happens a LOT.

This is terrific I really do appreciate these respones and I will apply the info on Friday when I get to the marina. Will
let you know how it turns out.
Thanks again,
Al