Starter For 97 Suzuki DT25C

peytonkristen

Recruit
I have a 1997 Suzuki DT25C with a recoil starter and want to install an electric starter on it and have several questions:

1. Is there an aftermarket starter available for this motor? The OEM is way too expensive ($500 or so) and everything else I find only fits the DT30 and up. Will the one for the DT30 fit it?

2. I was told I will also need a rectifier and solenoid. I have found several rectifiers but no luck on a solenoid for this particular motor. Any advice here?

3. Has anyone wired this up and can offer up any tips and instructions?

Thanks!!

the annwest

Recruit
Re: Starter For 97 Suzuki DT25C

hi there
did you fine another starter that fits the dt 25hp because im after a starter motor for mine??
cheers neil

peytonkristen

Recruit
Re: Starter For 97 Suzuki DT25C

hi there
did you fine another starter that fits the dt 25hp because im after a starter motor for mine??
cheers neil

Sorry to say but I never found an aftermarket starter to fit it. I looked around and found one on a 97 in a junkyard that had been in a fire but the starter was not touched.

Not sure where you are located but I wound up taking mine to Cuz Outboards in Bryant AR. They are just west of Little Rock and specialize in the older Suzuki outboards. They installed my starter,rectifier, and wiring. Removed the oiler and installed the custom plate, tuned motor, synced all carbs, and set timing. Now it screams! Pushes my custom built F&F duck boat (heavy) at 35mph. Look up Cuz Outboards on the web. They can probably help you.

Hope that helps!