No water out PEE hole when flushing yamaha F150- 4 stoke ??

g017674

Cadet
2004- Yamaha f150-4 stroke

I can't get any water out the pee hole when flushing. I have a tried a single feed muff and a dual feed ear muff
Water comes out just fine when in the water. New impeller also

Does anyone know why this is?? Guess I'll have to get a big bucket??

Slow Ride

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: No water out PEE hole when flushing yamaha F150- 4 stoke ??

Doesn't that engine have a connector that will allow you to screw the water hose directly to the engine thus negating the need for the muffs? Is this boat new to you?

Bluefish

Petty Officer 2nd Class

It happens sometimes some people have tried wrapping bungee cords around for a tighter fit, do a search note do not run engine on direct hose connection.

g017674

Cadet

It does have a direct connect flush fitting, but you can't run the the motor when using it.

99yam40

Fleet Admiral

I believe I have read some use both at the same time so they can run the motor

joe009

Petty Officer 2nd Class

what i do is to put tape around the water intake holes under the gravitation plate,take off the plastic screens on the water intake,prime the motor with the flush fitting,move the hose to the muffs.start the motor it should pee.

g017674

Cadet

After I repositioned the dual feed muffs and rapped a bungie cord around it. I was able to get about 70% discharge from the telltale hole. I thought their might be a better attachment than what I have rectangle rubber dual feed muffs (to much leakage), bungie strap helps....

Thanks for the replies

Slow Ride

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Sorry guys, I have been away for a few days but I have another question which pertains to this thread. I have owned 6 different Yamaha engines and have never been told that I cant run it while on the water connection hose. The local dealership mechanic did say that it was not necessary but never did he say not to. I have always run my engines for a couple of minutes when flushing the salt water out of them. The tattletale has increased pressure when I do it and I have never gotten an over heating alarm. Whats the deal?

raczekp1

Lieutenant

if you run motor with flush hose only water will go flow threw motor backward -from powerhead to waterpamp and press impeller wains backward

99yam40

Fleet Admiral

Sorry guys, I have been away for a few days but I have another question which pertains to this thread. I have owned 6 different Yamaha engines and have never been told that I cant run it while on the water connection hose. The local dealership mechanic did say that it was not necessary but never did he say not to. I have always run my engines for a couple of minutes when flushing the salt water out of them. The tattletale has increased pressure when I do it and I have never gotten an over heating alarm. Whats the deal?

If you are talking about the hose connection at the cowling then I would recommend you read your owners manual

BaileysBoat

Senior Chief Petty Officer

If you are talking about the hose connection at the cowling then I would recommend you read your owners manual

Ditto, the owners manual warns against it.

Slow Ride

Petty Officer 2nd Class

It seems I was misinformed! Thanks for the input.