Suzuki 75 Fuel problems! help needed...

Choo Choo

Cadet
I have a 1997 Suzuki 75 two stroke, I purchased it recently through a friend of a friend as it came recommended to me. It was serviced before it was sold to me, plugs and impella changed..
It will not fire, I have fuel getting to the carbs but not to the cylinders, the plugs have never seen any fuel, there is no residue at all on them..
Everything else works, I'm sure it's all wired up correctly, theres a spark, it cranks, it tilts, the guages register at the console..
Any ideas?? Fuel pump??

Inducted

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Suzuki 75 Fuel problems! help needed...

Double check your spark and compression. Make sure your safety lanyard is installed. Now all you need is fuel. If you pump your primer ball it should push the fuel thru your fuel pump into the carbs. You can try opening up the throttle plates and squirt a little fuel directly into the intake. Is your choke operating properly?

Choo Choo

Cadet

My worry in the back of my mind is that I've made a mistake at the control box end, but would this cut the fuel? How does the 'anti start in gear' function work?

Inducted

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Remote control can have neutral safety switch and also a kill switch (lanyard) I'm not sure exactly how yours works But usually if the shifter is in gear the engine will not turn over. If the lanyard is not attached the engine will turn over but no spark. It is a simple check to see if you have spark!!

Choo Choo

Cadet

Thanks, that's pretty much what I'd assumed.. I think it's time to get a professional out now to take a look..:(

bigriver79

Seaman

I have an older 75 suzy and it will not hit a lick when cold unless the choke butterfly is completely closed. Yours may have a diff choke though.

Choo Choo

Cadet

Thanks, I'm not sure that is the case on this occasion as there is no fuel at all showing in the cylinders, surely there would be even if the butterfly wasn't closed fully?...

bigriver79

Seaman

I don't know but you can always manually close the butterfly with your hands if you have one and turn it over - see if it hits. Just rule it out before spending any money.

If you have a butterfly, I hope you have hands. That reads kinda weird.

stylesabu

Master Chief Petty Officer

take the plastic cover off carb.looks like an air filter. now push key in, does soliniod for the choke move? it should and you should see butterflies close. If it still doesn't fire, spary some gas into each carb and try again. if it still doesn't start. re-check plugs now if they're wet them double check your spark. MY DT 75 WOULD NOT START COLD WITH OUT CHOKE. once warm started right away, no choke.

Choo Choo

Cadet

Thankyou for your help, it was the choke solinoid, all done and fired first turn, simple really!!