Suzuki DT 75 Low RPM's at full throttle.

JLMiok

Cadet
I just was given a Suzuki DT 75. Has great compression on all cylinders. Oil injection working great. Hot blue spark from coil to plugs. Idles great and runs good at fast idle. When I push the throttle wide open it won't get above about 2500 RPM. I choke it and it bogs down and dies so I think it is not getting enough air. So... I am thinking carbs are dirty. What are your thoughts?? Thanks.

stylesabu

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: Suzuki DT 75 Low RPM's at full throttle.

don't post same question twice

JLMiok

Cadet

Sorry I am new and the person the answered me the first time told me to repost in Suzuki so I thought I was doing that...???

99yam40

Fleet Admiral

You probably did, but a moderator moved your other one and then removed it. That is my guess anyway.

Check to make sure the timing is advancing properly like the spec call for.

If compression is good on all cylinders( it is best to give the #s on the post) and the spark on all cylinders and timing is good at problem RPM then you are more than likely having a fuel problem.( timing light will show spark on individual cylinders along with timing)
Check fuel pressure and vacuum to make sure there is not a supply problem with a fuel pressure/vacuum gauge.Look under frequently asked questions for a good explanation
If all that is good Then check by spraying a fuel mix into the individual carbs while problem is happening.
If you are trying to do this out of the water or in neutral that maybe your problem .
Some motor have safeties to keep from over revving the motor out of gear.

Just keep in mind too much fuel as well as too little will cause a cylinder not to fire properly and limit RPM under load. Some safeties limit RPM by retarding the timing, not sure about yours. A service manual will help you greatly