Suzuki DT 75 Low RPM's at full throttle.

JLMiok

Cadet
I just was given a Suzuki DT 75. Has great compression on all cylinders. Oil injection working great. Hot blue spark from coil to plugs. Idles great and runs good at fast idle. When I push the throttle wide open it won't get above about 2500 RPM. I choke it and it bogs down and dies so I think it is not getting enough air. So... I am thinking carbs are dirty. What are your thoughts?? Thanks.

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Re: Suzuki DT 75 Low RPM's at full throttle.

There is a Suzuki section.Dirty carbs are associated with poor fuel distribution and choke usually helps. I would guess perhaps carbs aren't opening all the way, timimg set wrong or not advancing right.If you post this in the Suzuki section You should get more detailed help.

stylesabu

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: Suzuki DT 75 Low RPM's at full throttle.

carbs very easy to clean on dt75, you will need manual to check timing. I just sold mine very happy with it. but as steelspike stated check linkage operation, remove cover and silencer box,about 8-10 screws.when you push ign key in to choke should see soliniod move,this should close all 3 choke plates,then move throttle to wind open,engine isn't running durning any of this. check to see that throttle plates are open/horizontal.if this tests corectly then choke and linkage is set right. I let mine sit for a year(bought another boat) and very simalar thing happened to me couldn't get it to plane out,and it was running fine when i stored it, i cleaned the carbs and everything was fine. if dirty you will see crap in the bowls