2011 Suzuki df-15 15hp 4 stroke manual start Buzzing noise...

Joe Zens

Cadet
Hi Fellas!!! Say, I have a brand new 2011 suzuki df15 short shaft manual start motor 15hp. It only has about 5 hours on it total or so. It is a fantastic motor, "quiet"...(4 stroke), But heavy. I do have a wierd noise that is driving me "crazy", though. Let me explain. It planes well, I have a Inflateable boat, 11foot, and the motor has this wierd "BUZZING" noise, or like a bee maybe??? Am I joking??? Wish I was. AT around 14 mph, (gps), and around 1/2 to 3/4 throttle, I get this wierd noise. The max speed with just me in the boat is 22 mph. IF I back off of the throttle, even just a TOUCH, say to 13 mph it goes away. Put the throttle back to 14 mph, and beyond, the buzzing noise is back. It never shows up 13 mph, or below. It doesn`t seem to say go faster with the rpm`s, eathier. I have checked for anything "loose", transom, etc... can find nothing. Almost seems to me that something electrical, kicking on and off maybe?? This motor does have a alternator (stator). At wide open throttle, the budding noise seems to be like "broken-up" Sounding., If that makes any sense. Does anyone here have any ideas? Hate to have a looong fight with Suzuki over this!!! Hahahahhaa. Other than that, it runs COMPLETELY normal, Thanks, Joe.

robert graham

Admiral
Re: 2011 Suzuki df-15 15hp 4 stroke manual start Buzzing noise...

Look around under the upper cowling and check for a wire, cable, electrical component or whatever that's not secured and vibrating. Tie-wraps come in handy in and around outboards and boats to secure vibrations. Also a blob of silicone rubber in the right place can be a good vibration stopper. Good Luck!:)