HELP! I broke my fuel mixture limiter screw off Carburetor (2007 25 Yamaha 2-stroke)

brandofender

Recruit
I let motor sit up with gas in the carburetor during the summer. Went to use my boat/motor one day and it was running about 1/4 of power and I had to choke / unchoke to keep it running.

Decided to clean the carburetor out. while cleaning varnish out of the jet of the top carburetor, I broke the fuel mixture limiter screw off. (see top right side of carburetor in photo) Can anyone advise if I can run the motor for several days until I can order an new one and install it or take to dealership where purchased? Will it hurt the motor? I doubt the screw was adjusted when it sheared off. So, the setting should be same as before. I reassembled the carburetor and cranked up the motor. It idles fine now as compared to before the cleaning. It idles normal and I am needing to run the boat this week for a few days. Will running it without the black fuel mixture limiter attached, harm the motor?

IMG00225-20111016-1513.jpg

Thanks,

Brandofender

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
Re: HELP! I broke my fuel mixture limiter screw off Carburetor (2007 25 Yamaha 2-stro

if you are talking about just the limiter then it will be OK , they are put there to keep people that do not know how to adjust properly from jacking with it

brandofender

Recruit
Re: HELP! I broke my fuel mixture limiter screw off Carburetor (2007 25 Yamaha 2-stro

Thanks 99yam40! I appreciate your respone..! Duck season is almost here and I still have work to do on the duck blind.