Oil light on 2003 Suzuki DF70 question?

steveinsene

Cadet
Last time out right before loading the boat the oil light came on and stayed on. Checked oil level the next day and the oil level was slightly above the upper level mark. Am I making oil or what? Does system normally activate when low or what? if anything the level is slightly high. Will probably drain oil and start over with correct level but need to order a gasket first for the drain screw (does this require a special gasket). Also what is a good oil to use? Thanks.

steveinsene

Cadet
Re: Oil light on 2003 Suzuki DF70 question?

Started it up briefly after changing the oil and now the oil light is blinking. Any thoughts?

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Check your owners or Service manual. I think it may have been telling you it is time for service and must be reset after the service. I don't remember the codes.

You simply cannot take proper care of a modern computerized outboard without the manual.

steveinsene

Cadet

Thanks for the suggestion, I only have the owners manual and it does not go into detail about servicing, I will call the repair guy tomorrow.

clanton

Rear Admiral

The owners manual should have the instructions for resetting the maintenance reminder.

steveinsene

Cadet

Thanks JB and clanton, it was just the maintenance reminder and to reset push in kill switch and then within 10 seconds pull out the kill switch 3 times and computer resets itself.

clanton

Rear Admiral

Now i know how to do it.

SkiRon

Recruit

How far do you have to pull out the kill switch as this is very heavy on my switch and i cannot get the oil blinking light out.

thanks

steveinsene

Cadet

How far do you have to pull out the kill switch as this is very heavy on my switch and i cannot get the oil blinking light out.

thanks

Make sure to remove emergency kill switch lanyard and clip before doing this reset procedure, and the switch just pulls out a quarter or half an inch or so.

SkiRon

Recruit

Hi Thanks Steveinsene, but what is lanyard as english is not my native language. But i removed the clip and it seems it does not react to the pulling out 3 times < 10 sec, strange thing is not only my oil light is blinkiing but also rev limit.

Turn your keyswitch to on position, then remove kill lanyard. Proceed to pulling red kill switch 3x<10 secs. This should reset your oil reminder for 100 h
ours.