adding 6 gallon remote fuel tank to 2010 FTLR 115 Yamaha

sabre2up

Cadet
I searched but couldn't find an answer for this question so here it is. I have a Glastron boat with a below deck 23 gallon fuel tank and I would like to switch over to an above deck 6 or 12 gallon fuel tank. I thought I'd pick up an atwood or moeller tank and go from there. I'd run the hose from the remote tank to the below deck 10 micron filter and just use the existing fuel line and primer bulb that already run beyond the 10 micron filter to the motor. I believe I need to run 3/8" or maybe it's 5/8" fuel line from tank to 10 micron filter. My questions are is this ok to do with this motor, do I need high pressure fuel injection fuel line from remote tank to 10 micron filter and what size female fitting are usually on the remote tanks?

Woodnaut

Chief Petty Officer
Re: adding 6 gallon remote fuel tank to 2010 FTLR 115 Yamaha

Your recommended setup should be fine. There is a "boost pump" or low pressure fuel pump on the engine that lifts the fuel from the tank and delivers it to the VST (on the engine) where the "high pressure" fuel pump is located. Routing the fuel line through the fuel filter is a good policy, and if the primer bulb is between the fuel filter and the engine then you should be good to go. If you go on the manufacturer's web site you might can get detailed info on the fitting size.

sabre2up

Cadet
Re: adding 6 gallon remote fuel tank to 2010 FTLR 115 Yamaha

Great reply and thanks. I'm glad I'm on the right track and I'll check out the Yamaha website.