1985 Yamaha 50 HP ETLK Precision leak

CDDZ

Recruit
Have a quick question for some one, I have a leak on my oil pump. I can not for the life of me find a good photo of the pump to see if the area this is leaking from is where the bleed screw was at one time. I recently purchased this motor knowing it needed carb work done. Compresion was 110 each cyl, was a good chance to take. The PO or someone that serviced the motor filled the area with JB weld or something similar. I am thinking that they stripped the hole. I plan to take the pump off and drill and tap the hole and install a new screw and gasket. Worst that can happen I have to purchase a new pump :). Here is a video at aprox 2:20 I point out the area that is leaking. Please excuse my noobish terms that I may use. Also in the video I am talking about the high idle, I had to replace the cables(rotted) and I can not get enough adjustment to push the timing advance lever? back to the stop. If I push it back by hand the idle goes back to what sounds like normal. I have a tach that I have not installed yet, so I can only guess at the idle sped at this momment. Maybe there is something I am missing. I plan to clean the carbs this weekend and do a link and sync, or have it done. I have a Seloc manual that is not worth much..... Thank you in advance
Chad

I appologize for a litle bit of profanity, did not intend for the video to be public

CDDZ

Recruit
Re: 1985 Yamaha 50 HP ETLK Precision leak

Nevermind, I found out from an obscure page in the manual.