just bought a suzuki dt115 and it has strange idling problem please try and help me!

jasonbbo

Cadet
just bought an suzuki dt115 early 90s outboard, its in great condition running great except for when its idling if i start it it will idle perfectly for about 15 seconds the out of no were it just slowly dies, the same as if you have pulled the choke out, this happens every single time you restart engine, it also happens if your in gear at idle revs.... but as soon as it gets a little throttle it runs great, i i really need to get this fixed asap because trying to dock the boat is a nightmare, any help with this much appreciated , thanks:confused:

jasonbbo

Cadet
Re: just bought a suzuki dt115 and it has strange idling problem please try and help

anyone

99yam40

Fleet Admiral
Re: just bought a suzuki dt115 and it has strange idling problem please try and help

Carb problem if it is carbed or sensor problems maybe it it is injected

James R

Commander

Assuming it is a carb model, most likely. Try squeezing the primer bulb when it is dying. If it picks up then you have a fuel supply problem. Could be pump, hoses leaking, tank pick up blocked. If the squeezing doesn't work then cleaning and rebuilding the carbs should do it.

joeboston

Cadet

I had a problem like that when i bought my boat its my first'. I had someone up the idle. Two years later when I changed the impeller I found that the motor had the wrong impeller in it. When I put the new right impeller in it the idle went up 150 to 200 rpms more! My motor is fuel injected